||Muncie Downtown Development Partnership
Downtown Muncie is the key to the quality-of-life for Muncie, Delaware County and the surrounding region. Downtown Development is action-oriented and is empowered to address, through its public/private partnerships, issues that create a strong, vibrant, growing and friendly Downtown.
Contact Downtown Development:
Cheryl Crowder, Programs Co-ordinator
300 S. Walnut St.
(Walnut at Adams)
email chercrowder [at] gmail.com
Proposed Schedule of Events for 2011 – Click Here!
Our mission is to promote, maintain, and enhance a safe and economically viable central business district by focusing both public and private resources on the fulfillment of downtown’s potential to benefit the entire community.
Our vision is to have an exceptional Downtown, that partners with others to promote a diverse, safe and attractive, business and residential environment, economic opportunity, quality public spaces, cultural and educational enrichment and visual beauty.
Downtown Development strives to:
- Plan and initiate development of the Downtown
- Recruit and retain businesses
- Increase residential and entertainment options
- Improve confidence in safety and cleanliness
- Enhance and develop public spaces
- Assure affordable, abundant and convenient parking
- Market Downtown through cooperative initiatives
- Create and facilitate events